Take advantage of early bird discount and save $100 when you register before April 1
|$595 $495 |$350
|$795 $695 |$350
|501c3 Non Member
|$695 $595 |$350
|NEW AiP Member*
*Become a NEW member of AiP and get membership ($300 value) AND your conference registration for just $745.00! You will be contacted by the AiP office to complete your member registration.
**You must be signed in to view AiP member pricing.
Hit the REGISTER button at the top of the page to complete conference registration.
Doors open Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 10:30 am. Lunch begins at 11:30 and the first keynote session begins at noon. The final session ends with lunch at 12:00 pm on Friday, May 24, 2019.
View the Conference Schedule
Conference Sessions Include
- Diana Aviv, Steven Miller, alliantgroup, and Dean Zerbe, alliantgroup: "Taking the Temperature in Washington, DC: Three Insider Views"
- Bertrande Badre, Blue Like an Orange Sustainable Capital: "Ten Years After the Global Financial Crisis: Time to Draw the Lessons"
- Akhtar Badshah, Ph.D.: "Bending the Arc of Humanity – What I Learned From 10 Years at Microsoft and How it Applies to Family Philanthropy"
- Claire Costello, U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management: "The Philanthropic Conversation"
- Ted Hart, CAF America: "The Regulatory Compliance Challenge of Cross Border Giving"
- Greg Baker, Renaissance Charitable Foundation Inc: "Small Business Sales with CRTs and DAFs"
- Curt Bassett, Legacy Global Foundation: "High Impact Legacy Planning: The New Silver Bullet for Financial Advisors"
- Sylvia Brown, CAP®, Sylvia Brown Smart Donors: "Smarter Donors Make Happier Clients - The Case for Investing in Small and Mid-Level Donors"
- Paul Brooks, Quiddity Systems, Inc: "LifeWorth: A New Foundational Building Block for the Growth Philanthropy in the 21st Century"
- Phil Cubeta, CAP®, ChFC, CLU, AEP®, The American College, Tony Macklin, CAP®, Tony Macklin Consulting, and Jennie Zioncheck, CAP®, MFT, The Pittsburgh Foundation: "The Melton Family Case: Climbing the Philanthropic Learning Curve"
- Rebecca Emami, Orr Group: "Young and Wealthy: Teaching the Next Gen How to Manage Money and Have an Impact Through"
- Jamie Forbes, Forbes Legacy Advisors: "Tale of 2 Families - Building Resilience Across Generations"
- Katherine Fox, Arnerich Massena: "Venture Philanthropy and The Great Wealth Transfer: A Golden Opportunity"
- Joe Goldman, Democracy Fund: "Philanthropy's Role Strengthening US Democracy: Supporting the Foundations of Our Political System in Volatile Times"
- Beth Shapiro Kaufman and Megan Wernke, Caplin & Drysdale: "Confronting Challenges of Tax Reform"
- Michael King, National Christian Foundation: "Creative Uses of Supporting Organizations for Donors"
- Lindsay Matush and Melinda McAliney, Vario Philanthropy: "Philanthropy Across Generations: A Win-Win Opportunity"
- Molly Norton, Brighton Jones: "Integrating Corporate Social Responsibility with Philanthropic Advising to Maximize Community"
- Rebecca Rothey, Greater Washington Community Foundation with Richard Letocha, Esq. CFP®, Johns Hopkins University and Medicine, Richard E. Miller, CFP®, Glenmede Trust Company, and Lee Parker, U.S. Trust Bank of America Private Wealth Management : "I've Seen the Gift From Both Sides Now"
Jeffersonian Dinner and AiP Annual Meeting
Included in conference registration
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Welcome Reception: 6:00 pm
Dinner: 6:45 pm
Along with a brief AiP Update and Annual Meeting, guests will enjoy a Jeffersonian Dinner style conversation throughout the evening. The purpose of a Jeffersonian Dinner is to build a sense of community and partnership around our shared interest – in our case, philanthropy. A table host will guide the conversation to share values, inspire new ideas, and make connections with fellow conference attendees.
A Celebration of Philanthropy in America presented by CAF America
Additional purchase required
Thursday, May 23, 2019
6:30 pm at the National Archives
Hotel Accommodations and Venue Information
Washington Marriott at Metro Center (View the property website)
775 12th St NW
Washington, DC 20005
Book your room at the group rate for AiP Conference on Philanthropy
AiP is happy to offer a discounted group rate of $249.00/night (plus taxes and fees) at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center. The discounted rate is available until Wednesday May 1, 2019.
Getting to Washington, DC...
Washington, DC has three major area airports - Reagan National Airport (DCA); Dulles International Airport (IAD); and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI).
Getting to the hotel...
From Reagan National Airport (DCA) - 4 miles to hotel (MOST CONVENIENT)
From Dulles International Airport (IAD) - 27 miles to hotel
From Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) - 35 miles to hotel
Parking: Conference attendees call valet park for a rate of $51/day.
The conference will offer up to 12 hours of CFP® CE credit and credit for American College Professional Recertification (formerly PACE), CAP®, CFP®, CIMA®, CIMC®, and CPWA® designations. CPA designees and other designations holders who can self-report should check with their governing body in their state to determine the eligibility of continuing education credit for these programs.
You will receive a Proof of Attendance Form upon arrival at the conference and you will be responsible for keeping track of your attendance at all sessions. At the conclusion of the conference, you will receive a portion of the form that will serve as your proof of attendance and certificate of completion.
Conference attire is business casual. Some attendees opt for cocktail attire for the dinner on Wednesday evening.
Temperatures in the Washington, DC area average in the low to mid 70's and 80's in late early May.
Get the latest forecast for Washington, DC
With Thanks to All of Our Conference Sponsors!
Sponsorship opportunities still available!
With 200+ expected attendees, conference sponsorship provides your firm exposure and access to a very targeted demographic. The agenda includes extended breaks in the exhibitor area allowing ample opportunity to solidify your current business relationships and make new ones. Be sure to take full advantage and gain maximum exposure by confirming your sponsorship today!
View the sponsorship packet here.
Secure your sponsorship and complete payment here.
If you have any questions, please contact the AiP office at email@example.com or 216-621-3215.