AiP is seeking members in good standing interested in serving on the National Board of Directors. Per the bylaws, any regular member in good standing is eligible to run for election to a Board position. The term of office is three years and terms are staggered so 1/3 of the Board stands for election annually. Applicants will be interviewed by the Governance Committee who will slate recommended candidates for election by the membership at the Annual Meeting taking place during the Conference on Philanthropy. A qualified candidate must be willing to make the following commitments:
- Provide approximately 3-7 hours of monthly service as an AiP Director
This time includes Board Meeting attendance, committee meeting participation and independent follow through on any assigned or volunteered projects and activities. The number of service hours will vary based on your areas of responsibilities and time of year.
- Participate in monthly Board Meetings via Conference Call
Calls take place on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 12 noon Pacific | 2:00 pm Central | 3:00 pm Eastern and typically last 60-90 minutes
- Serve on or chair at least one
- Participate in open collaboration as an
AiP Board Director
- Participate in the innovation and
creation of ideas and projects that will serve the AiP mission
- Represent AiP with the highest integrity
- Make yourself available to AiP members
when called upon for help
- Attend the Conference on Philanthropy
All directors cover their own expenses including conference registration fee, hotel and travel.
- Respond to all requests from AiP members
within 48 hours with at a minimum acknowledgement of receipt.
- Directors of any non profit organization are legally bound to adhere to the fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience.
Read more about the fiduciary duties of non profit directors and the Director Commitment agreement elected directors are required to sign.
Read the Conflict of Interest Policy all elected directors are required to sign.
Complete the form below to apply. Application deadline is March 9, 2017. The Governance Committee will present the slate by March 30, 2017.
Board terms begin on July 1 of the year in which they were elected. Term of office is 3 years
Questions? Contact Sheila Gidley at the AiP Office -firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.252.2501